Though the COVID-19 pandemic has brought a lot of uncertainty to individuals and families across the country, there are some things that have remained certain. One important thing is the need for people of all ages and abilities to focus on their mental and physical health in spite of the shutdowns, quarantine, and social distancing guidelines.
Related Topics (Ads)
Physical health promotes heightened immunity to illnesses or disease, and with the number of affordable treadmills on the market, there are options for being able to stay healthy and physically safe while spending more time at home.
Related Topics (Ads)
The Relationship of Exercise to Health
While staying in shape is a great weight management tool, weight loss isn’t the only benefit that comes from increased physical activity. Exercise causes the body’s natural immune response- white blood cells and antibodies-to circulate more rapidly throughout the body. Increased physical activity reduces the likelihood of catching a cold, the flu, or another respiratory illness because bacteria is flushed more quickly from the airways and lungs. Treadmills offer an exercise solution for your health needs, and with the options available, you can find equipment costing less than a yearly gym membership.
The Leading Treadmill Manufacturers
There are a lot of big names in the fitness industry, and with many realizing the importance of consistent fitness routines, companies have developed quality options for home gym equipment. Noted companies producing treadmills include Peloton, NordicTrack, Pro-Form, Sole Fitness, and LifeSpan.
- Peloton diverged from its quality cycling equipment to bring the world the Tread, an in-home treadmill that breaks the mold of traditional training. Though it is a significant investment, the innovative experience it brings the user provides a training routine that is more intuitive than traditional treadmill options. From the unit itself, an individual can sync up with a live or on-demand fitness class.
- NordicTrack has taken home-bound training to a new level with a complete series of equipment offering interactive personal training. Many options extend to a 12% incline to keep the routine challenging. Their machines fold to fit your workout space, and with a range of models, their equipment will also fit your budget.
- Pro-Form has followed its industry competition by offering in-home training sessions, yet some treadmill models allow for Live trainer control to adjust the speed and incline of the workout. Their machines provide plenty of landing space and a cushioning to absorb impact shock.
- Sole Fitness is known for having some of the highest-rated machines on the market, particularly because of unique design to reduce strain on the knees and ankles. Their equipment is made from high-grade steel for unmatched durability, and integrated Bluetooth technology makes it easy to sync up to fitness tracking or your workout playlist.
- LifeSpan carries a selection of award-winning machines that bring the gym workout to your living room. Many of the models are low profile, making it a convenient choice for safety and storage concerns. The steel frames offer a wide running surface and Bluetooth integration lets you walk, run, or jog to your favorite jams.
Related Topics (Ads)
The Best Options for Affordable Treadmills in 2020
- Sole F63 Treadmill: This model leads off the pack in part because of the 20” x 60” running surface. Though it is a wider than usual running deck, the frame folds easily, and the deck sports the CushionFlex shock absorption system. It is powered by a 3.0 CHP motor and reaches a top speed of 12 mph over the 15 levels of incline. The warrant coverage is great, giving owners lifetime coverage on the frame and motor, three years on parts, and one year of labor. It runs short on pre-set workouts, but if you prefer to run at your own pace, this an excellent model.
- Horizon Fitness 7.0 AT Treadmill: This treadmill stands up to the reputation that Horizon Fitness has for building high-quality but affordable treadmills. This model also contains a 20” x 60” running surface, comfortably fitting walkers and runners of all sizes. The deck has a three-zone variable response cushioning system. The shock absorption correlates the kinematic of running that occurs, preventing excess stress on the knees and throughout the hips. The 12 mph speeds and 15% incline are powered by a 3.0 CHO motor. This model has 2.3”/1.8” tapered rollers, some of the best within the budget models. A 7.0 AT purchase is backed a lifetime warranty on both motor and frame, three years on parts, and one year of labor.
- ProForm 905 CST Treadmill: The CST series is being replaced with the new Performance models, but a 905 CST is a great quality purchase with a 20” x 60” running surface and 3.0 CHP motor. It can maintain a top speed of 12 mph, and it can reach a max incline of 12%. Users find that the ProShox Cushioning system makes for a comfortable workout, and the 350 lb. weight capacity makes it ideal for larger users. It comes with a lifetime warranty on frame and motor, three years on parts, and one year for labor.
- NordicTrack T 7.5 S Treadmill: Performance and tech combine for a 20’ x 60” running surface that delivers customizable FlexSelect Cushioning for shock absorption. Train like a pro on a 12% max incline, at a top speed of 12 mph, on over 50 different preprogrammed workouts. All of this is backed by a one year labor warranty, three year warranty on parts, a lifetime covering for frame and motor.
- Nautilus T616 Treadmill: Though this quality model from the well-known fitness brand has a gym size running surface of 20” x 60”, it ranks lower than the rest of the options because of the limited 10 year warranty on frame and motor. However, it is a heavy machine that folds up easily through its SoftDrop hydraulic system and offers users a 12 mph top speed with a 15% incline. It does support weight through 2.5” crown rollers, which are a rare find in budget models.
As you can see, there is a machine for every budget and every workout need. Don’t push your health to the back burner while you adjust to spending more time at home. Take the extra time to invest in your physical fitness.